The chronicle of the company
Today Steffen and Thomas Wegener run the Paul Wegener GmbH as managing partners in the 5th generation.
- 11.12.2003: Domestic type approval of a „maximum load indicating instrument“ by the PTB Braunschweig
- 01.07.2002: Atex approval as manufacturing plant by the IBExU Freiberg
- 08.11.1995: Accreditation according to DIN ISO 9001 by the TÜV Rheinland
- 01.05.1990: The brothers Dietrich, Eberhard and Ulrich Wegener found the Paul Wegener GmbH in Ballenstedt, Marienstr. 24 as equal managing partners
- 08.05.1972: Expropriation, change of name to VEB Messgerätewerk Ballenstedt Eberhard Wegener becomes plant manager
- 1959: State-controlled involvement under compulsion, Erich Wegener is plant manager
- 27.12.1921: Paul Wegener leaves with his sons Erich and Paul the firm Wegener & Mach G.m.b.H. and founds the Paul Wegener KG, Fabrik technischer Messinstrumente in Ballenstedt, Marienstr. 24
- 29.06.1905: German Empire Patent No.172383: „pointer thermometer with automatic correction of pointer position“
- 01.04.1887: Karl Wegener founds with his brother-in-law Franz Mach the firm Wegener & Mach G.m.b.H., Fabrik technischer Meß-Instrumente in Quedlinburg, Gröpern 29
- 14.09.1877: Karl Wegener, model turner, becomes citizenship of Quedlinburg with Citizen Letter No. 2435
- 27.03.1850: Karl Christian Wilhelm Wegener is born as son of the gardener Heinrich Wegener and his wife Marie, née Schulze in Quedlinburg.